1. www.oldstonehouse.org I volunteer for and sit on the board of the Franklin County Historical Society. The Old Stone House was built in 1854 and we are currently working n getting grants to bring the building up to speed. We are also pursuing an opportunity with a state agency who is giving away $75,000 worth of PR! If you’ve got any ideas on fundraising, I’m very open to them. Let me know!
2. www.needalittleadvice.com I own it, now what am I going to do with it? It’s been a running joke with my youngest brother and I. We will call each other and say “need a little advice?” – and then proceed to give some!
3. www.realfundraiser.com I’m becoming more and more involved with people who care. It’s a nice change and I’m learning so much! Through my job I have an opportunity to help non-profits create an ongoing fundraiser. Interested? Take a look!
4. www.sobevent.com I’m going and here’s the exciting part — I’m being sponsored by local businesses! I figure it will take about $1,000 for the trip (admission and hotel). Pat Palmer The Computer Guy and Judy from Townsend Winery are on the line so far. I’ll bring back a business plan for your company on how to utilize a blog and create revenue from it. I won’t be doing more than 4 businesses (at $250 each for sponsorship) – contact me if you are interested. Let’s talk!
5. Writing a last wishes document with my folks. This sounds sad, doesn’t it? I suppose it is a little. But it is also very freeing – they don’t have to worry that we won’t do it right! We don’t have to worry we won’t know what to do. As executor, oldest daughter and smartest child (smile), I get to do these kind of things. Yesterday we bought a lawnmower – but that’s another story…..
the picture attached is of my mom and her best friend Pat … one day I’ll tell that story too.