Last night I got to hang out with the Pork Queen and the kids from the FFA.
It’s just one of the many reasons I love living in a small town. For the cost of $5 here’s what I received:
- A pork burger with bacon, chips and a drink
- great conversation with local FFA boys and girls
- knowing the proceeds of that meal go to support those students
- my picture with them and the pork queen!
- supporting a local business (Hy-Vee)
- networking with our local Pork Producers
FFA – Future Farmers of America (for my readers who may not have known what that stood for.
Did you know Iowa is the #1 state in the nation for pork production? And the #1 state for pork exports? 94% of Iowa’s farms are family owned farms. Almost 1/3 of the nation’s hogs are raised in Iowa. There’s plenty of information about pigs and pork production on the Pork Producers site at http://www.iowapork.org/