It’s only 23 days until Christmas. We all know how fast time goes, and even faster as you get older.
Do you buy gifts for your employees? Many do. Many give out cash. Why not purchase Chamber bucks instead of giving out cash? Ours can be used at any business in the community, including paying your electric bill. Each chamber buck is a guaranteed check. The best part of this is the fact that you are supporting shopping local.
As a consumer, we all like to look for those unique gifts that no one else is giving (or getting). Consider talking to your local shop owners to help you find that perfect gift! It could be several items that make up a perfect gift basket. It could be a floral (dried or real) arrangement made especially for you. It could be gift certificates to a favorite restaurant and a bottle of wine. The possibilities to shop local and create magic this Christmas are very real!
The people that own these local stores and businesses are your neighbors, friends and family. Why would you choose to shop elsewhere? Look atwww.shopour.town to find all the places you can support in Webster City.
Here’s some statistics that reinforces what shopping local does for your economy.
- Small businesses accounted for 65% of all net new jobs over the past 17 years.
- Small businesses employ 77 million Americans.
- 89% of consumers agree that independent businesses contribute positively to local economies.
- Residential neighborhoods served by a successful independent business district gained, on average, 50% more in home values than their citywide markets.
- Independent retailers return more than three times as much money per dollar of sales than chain competitors. Independent restaurants return more than two times as much money per dollar of sales than national restaurant chains.
- If independent businesses regained their 1990 market shares, it would create 200,000 new small businesses, generate nearly $300 billion in revenues and employ more than 1.6 million American workers.
- If just half the U.S. employed population spent $50 each month in locally owned independent businesses, it would generate more than $42.6 billion in revenue.
Now before you head out to that big box store – why now wander downtown and visit one of the local stores?